The Hamburg Research Academy Council (HRA Council) includes representatives of the member universities and the user groups. The HRA appoints them for terms of 3 years.
The Board of Directors briefs the HRA Council on the plans, developments, and strategic processes of the Hamburg Research Academy. In turn, the HRA Council issues recommendations for training early career researchers. It also acts as a driving force behind the development of the Academy’s services by advocating the needs of its own target groups. It is also responsible for discussing cross-university quality standards for early career researcher training, the conferral of doctorates, and the Habilitation (postdoctoral qualification) procedure. The HRA Council takes the specific characteristics and autonomy of the individual faculties and member institutions into account.
- Universität Hamburg:
- Faculty representatives: The dean or vice dean for early career researchers
- The spokesperson of each faculty graduate school
- One member of the management for each graduate school
- The spokesperson of each externally funded graduate school
- One representative from each member university who specializes in supporting early career researchers
- A main representative and one deputy representative from each member university’s graduate institutions
- Spokespersons of the HRA Doctoral Council
- Spokespersons of the HRA Postdoc Council
- One member of the HRA Board of Directors, who also takes the council chair