Academia and family
It should be possible to combine an academic career with family life. Yet, there are countless organizational and financial challenges for those wishing to balance everyday research life and family life – particularly for young researchers. The Hamburg Research Academy is committed to supporting families with children or relatives in need of care.
- Do you have one or more children and need support and assistance to balance your research commitments with family life?
- Are you a doctoral student interested in starting a family and want to know more about what to bear in mind?
- Do you need help caring for a relative?
We have compiled the most important information from the member higher education institutions here. It is also worth looking at the support services available at other higher education institutions, as they are generally available to students at all institutions.
Family offices and childcare services at the higher education institutions
- Universität Hamburg (UHH)
- Hamburg University of Applied Sciences (HAW) (in German only)
- Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH) (in German only)
- HafenCity University Hamburg (HCU) (in German only)
- Helmut Schmidt University (HSU) (in German only)
- Hamburg University of Music and Theater (HFMT) (in German only)
- University of Fine Arts Hamburg (HFBK) (in German only)
- Bucerius Law School (BLS) (in German only)