Planning an academic career comes with many questions. Particularly, the transition from completing a doctorate to entering the postdoc phase should be based on a conscious decision and a plan for the next steps. Ideally, this transition should also be done in close coordination with your doctoral supervisor. The Hamburg Research Academy and its member institutions provide a wide range of support services to assist you in this process.
Support services: transition doctorate – postdoc
- HRA Course portal: Regular information events, workshops and networking opportunities.
- Group counseling: An offer of the HRA, open to all doctoral candidates and postdocs of HRA member universities.
- Career Coaching: A service offered by the Human Resources Development of the Universtiät Hamburg open to doctoral and postdoctoral researchers at UHH.
- Individual Development Plan: The Individual Development Plan (IDP) of the MIN Graduate Center supports doctoral researchers at the MIN Faculty in taking ownership of their personal career development and facilitates the transition into their future career.
- Mirjam Müller: „Promotion – Postdoc – Professur. Karriereplanung in der Wissenschaft“, Campus Verlag 2014. (in German only)
- ZEIT Ratgeber Promotion (in German only, free online download)