- Ask people in interesting positions how they got where they are.
- Be brave and actively involve yourself in discussions. Make yourself visible!
Research and higher education management:
- Take an interest in relevant structures and topics during your doctoral studies. Subscribe to newsletters, for instance, to stay abreast of important issues in higher education.
- Stand for election to university committees.
- Browse job advertisements in the field before you even start looking for work.
Professorships at universities of applied sciences:
- Get in touch with your local university of applied sciences as soon as you enter the industry. Offer internships or supervision for final projects, for instance, or represent your company at career days.