Funding for projects
You have a good idea, but don’t have the funds you need to implement it?
The Hamburg Research Academy, in conjunction with the Claussen Simon Foundation, provides funding to early career researchers for projects in the area of research communication. Applications for funding for researchers’ own projects can be made starting in August 2022.
What receives funding?
New projects addressing the innovative communication of academia and research aimed at target groups outside of their own scientific community.
Examples of how funding may be applied:
- rent for technical equipment
- coaching for spokespersons and acting for the camera
- financing of external services (graphic design, film editing, etc.)
- printing costs
How much funding is available?
The amount of funding is limited to a maximum €2,000 per project.
Who can apply?
Funding is aimed at early career researchers: doctoral researchers, postdoctoral researchers, W1 professors. Other professors may also apply for funding as long as early career researchers are involved in the project.
Applicants must belong to Hamburg Research Academy university members or associated institutions.
When can I apply?
Applications can be made any time from August 2022.
When will I receive funding and how long to I have to spend it?
Approval of applications is quite quick. You then have 12 months to draw on the allocated funding. Outline your timeframe in your application.
What do I have to put in the application and how do I submit it?
Submit your application (1–3 pages as PDF) by email to office"AT"hra-hamburg.de. It should contain the following information:
- name and address of higher education institution
- your name
- your position
- title, description, and schedule for the project being applied for, including implementation plan
- project goals and target groups
- funding requirement (to be financed from research communication funds)
- financial plan (particularly when individual elements are financed by other funding sources)
- contact details and email address
What happens after the application is submitted?
As soon as we receive your application, you will receive a confirmation message. We will contact you if we have any questions regarding your application. Applications are assessed as they are received; there is no specific assessment period.