Get on with Your Career. Timely Planning of Your Next Career Steps in Academia
When the PhD approaches the end, one question becomes challenging – what does German academia offer me as a springboard to the next career opportunities? Where are the junctions for my individual career plans and how can I pursue my next steps in my career? An overview of the German academic career system with its related structures provides insights in different career paths and opportunities. An excursion to science-related working fields outside of the universities supports in broadening the career perspectives. Knowing these opportunities is one thing, deciding which ways to follow is another. The question is, how to gain more clarity about individual career opportunities and how to structure the process of decision-making? This workshop aims to provide insights in career possibilities in the German scientific landscape. It focuses frameworks, employers’ interests, and preconditions of different career opportunities. The reflection on inner hindrances and clarifying individual career ideas are another asset. To support you on the decision-making process, the workshop also gives the chance to reflect on inner hindrances and to clarify individual career ideas.
- Scientific and science-related career opportunities in Germany
- Having an eye on my next milestones in my career
- Win-win or win-lose – evaluating possible career ideas
- Reflecting what holds me back, what needs to be done?
- Career decision making – should I stay, or should I go?
- Overview on career opportunities in the German scientific landscape
- Reflection exercises for individual career planning
- Development of an individual career plan METHODS
- Knowledge transfer
- Peer sharing, group exchange
- Coaching techniques
This workshop is open to all users of the Hamburg Research Academy. The participation is free of charge.