Building and Managing Your Research Group
A critical awareness of how to build, lead and support a productive research team is essential for anyone pursuing a sustainable career in the research context. This workshop offers practical advice and techniques for identifying needs, setting goals and managing expectations, recruiting and developing research staff, reviewing progress and dealing with underperformance. It also covers self-management and how to build your reputation at your institution and in your research field for further career advancement.
By participating in the course, you will be better equipped to:
- Understand what makes an effective research leader and manager
- Set out vision and direction for your research group
- Relate short-term actions to longer-term strategies
- Build a talented team with a variety of individual behaviours, experiences, attitudes and skills
- Create a welcoming and invigorating research environment
This compact online course employs theoretical input, plenary discussions, individual and small group work, experience sharing, peer coaching, and expert advice.
This workshop is open to all users of the Hamburg Research Academy. The participation is free of charge.