Visualizing Science – Make Your Research Visible
Science is often not visible: It remains hidden behind closed doors, complicated technical terms or cryptic tables. In our workshop we want to change that and teach you how to visualize and animate your research. You will acquire the communication tools that enable you to graphically prepare and sketch your research topics. The aim is to learn how to prepare scientific results and abstract research topics for a non-specialist audience.
The two-day seminar with practical exercises covers basic design principles and methods and focuses on applying them on the clear and engaging visualization of data and scientific information. Specific visualization techniques and tools are practiced to visualize the participants’ own research projects.
- The nomenclature of styles for scientific figures
- Basic design principles for visualizations
- Paper, presentation, poster: Different aims and design language
- Defining the essential aspects: Finding your own core message
- Achieving more: Planning and designing infographics
HRA’s Project for Science Communication:
This workshop is part of a larger science communication project which is funded by the Claussen-Simon-Stiftung. Further information
This workshop is open to all users of the Hamburg Research Academy. The participation is free of charge.