Do you have questions about your career development in or outside of academia? Would you like your application documents to be reviewed? Then take advantage of the career counseling services for doctoral students, postdoctoral researchers, and junior professors.
We can help you with the following or similar matters:
- How should I structure my application to present my experience and skills to best advantage?
- What do I need to know about applying for jobs outside of the university?
- What are the standards for applications for academic positions and do I fulfill them?
Career orientation and planning
- How do I find out what my career options are—both in and outside of academia?
- How can I better define my career ideas and options?
- What tools can I use to help me make the right decisions?
- What specific steps are important for my personal career planning?
Counseling is offered by Dr. Laura Glauser (Universität Hamburg, HR Development) and open to all doctoral and early career researchers at member institutions.