International Symposium 2022
International Perspectives on Good Supervision
Joint Symposium of the Hamburg Research Academy and the Joachim Herz Foundation on 9 and 10 June 2022
- Which concepts of research supervision exist in other countries and which tools have proven to be especially successful?
- What inspiration can an international perspective on "good supervision" provide to Hamburg's higher education institutions?
- What challenges exist for international PhD candidates in Hamburg, for supervisors in international research contexts and also for administrative structures?
International experts discuss these questions with professors from our HRA member institutions, representatives from research funding organisations and graduate institutions as well as PhDs and Postdocs from Hamburg.
- The Changing Landscape of Supervision: UK Perspective – Prof. Stan Taylor
- Effective Supervisory Practice – Dr. Gill Houston
- The UKCGE Research Supervision Survey – Dr. Karen Clegg
- Open Panel Discussion: International Experiences – in Hamburg
Prof. Dr. Robin Santra | Kathleen Gali, PhD | Lindsey Bultema | Dr. Shabeh Ul Hasson
- Closing Notes – Dr. Dorothea Rüland
- Institutional Structures: Policy Making and Measures – Dr. Gerrit Rößler
- Recruitment and Assessment – Dr. Dawn Duke
- Doctoral Supervisors’ Professional Learning: the role of peer support –
Mirjam Godskesen, PhD | Gitte Wichmann-Hansen, PhD
- PhD Researcher Networking Opportunities – PhD representatives
- Closing Debate – Dr. Wilhelm Krull
- Moderation – Ralf Krauter
The symposium will take place in the „Foren Wissenschaft neu denken“ series of the Joachim Herz Foundation. It will continue the event „Gute Betreuung – Was ist das?“ in 2019 and the HRA Monday Lecture on Good Supervision in 2021.